Vet Worthy provides military veterans, dependents and surviving spouses with connections to career and financial planning, job development, and skills training support. In addition, military families are connected to the necessary community resources such as mental health counseling, housing assistance, food assistance, and legal aid. The program is open to any veteran under any discharge status in Tarrant, Parker, Johnson, Hood, Wise and Denton counties.
Goodwill provides veterans and their families with the following services:
- Intake and referral
- Career and financial assessment
- Career mapping
- Referrals to occupational training (both internal to North Texas Institute and external to community partners)
- Vocational assessment
- Job readiness and job search training
- Job application
- Resume writing
- Cover letters
- Basic computer skills
- Interview skills and mock interviews
- Life skills and confidence building
- Job search strategies for individuals with criminal backgrounds
- Job placement services
- Job retention and continued career planning/advancement
This program is supported by a grant from the Texas Veterans Commission Fund for Veterans’ Assistance. The Fund for Veterans’ Assistance provides grants to organizations serving veterans and their families. For more information, visit www.TVC.Texas.gov.
For more information, call 817-332-7866 and ask for the Veteran Services Department. You can also email us at email@example.com.